SERC has developed a value-based, targeted assistance program, and registered entities within the SERC region are invited to participate. If you are interested, simply complete and submit the Entity Assistance Request form.
The program is an enhancement to additional Outreach & Training opportunities:
- Outreach: Seminars and webinars are conducted throughout the year. Also on the Upcoming Events page are links to Past Events where there are links to presentations and recordings at the bottom of each event’s page.
- Registered Entity Forum: Its purpose is to promote compliance excellence through stakeholder information exchange. The REF Steering Committee also acts as a conduit to submit questions anonymously to SERC.
- System Operator Conferences: Scheduled conferences are listed under Upcoming Events. Conferences offer simulator training for system operators in normal/emergency operations and operator communication, collaboration, and situational awareness. Attendees earn NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) for successful completion.
- FAQ & Lessons Learned: Questions submitted by stakeholders and answers are listed by category. Those in the Standards category are listed by standard family and then in numerical order. A green NEW flag appears next to the category and question for 30 days after its posting. Perhaps the answer to your question or a question you didn’t think to ask is posted. If not, you are invited to submit a question.
- Newsletter: The SERC Newsletter is distributed monthly to those with SERC Portal access and stakeholder subscribers. It is interactive for quick and easy navigation to articles. Regular features include: Hot Topics; news items from SERC, NERC, and FERC; SERC Technical Committee and Outreach & Training information; and upcoming events. If you would like to subscribe but do not have portal access, simply send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resource Library: The library includes lists of past presentations and newsletter articles in Excel spreadsheet format to easily filter and sort by topic, date, or speaker.