Together with the System Operator Working Group (SOWG), SERC regrets to announce the cancellation of the 2020 System Operator Conferences. Due to concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the in-person conference is simply not possible at this time. The SOWG is researching remote alternatives. SERC will provide relevant updates when more information is available. Credits for current registrants will be adjusted. Those holding or due a credit will be notified shortly.
Previously scheduled for:
Tuesday/Wednesday, August 25-26, 2020, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Thursday, August 27, 2020, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (Eastern)
- System Operators with responsibility for performing real-time, reliability-related tasks on the interconnected power system (Reliability Coordinator, Balancing Authority, Transmission Operator, and Generator Operator functions)
- System control center managers, supervisors, and staff
- Engineers, planners, managers, marketers, technicians, or support staff who may benefit from power system operation training
NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) will be awarded for successful completion of this learning activity. No partial credit.
- Provide SERC System Operators with a forum for networking with operators from across the SERC Region and sharing best practices
- Develop SERC System Operator knowledge and skills using relevant scenarios modeled on an operator training simulator
- Provide SERC System Operators with effective training in normal and emergency operations, operator communication and collaboration and situational awareness
- Assist SERC System Operators in maintaining their NERC Certification through the award of approved continuing education hours
If you have made hotel reservations, it is your responsibility to contact the hotel directly to cancel.
Questions concerning registration and meeting content - email@example.com