SERC is a membership corporation. SERC membership is voluntary and free of charge.
As a member of SERC, an entity can appoint a principal officer or other authorized employee to be a Director on SERC’s Board of Directors. In a Director role, members can help lead SERC and provide input on vital matters and decisions. Member company employees can also participate in SERC technical committees and working groups. Through committee work, members can enhance SERC’s technical excellence by contributing knowledge and expertise. SERC members collaborate to secure the power grid and assure reliable energy. Together, SERC members work to keep the lights on.
Membership in SERC is open to any entity in the SERC Region that meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Is a user, owner, or operator of the Bulk Power System
- Has a material interest in the Bulk Power System in the SERC Region
- Is subject to the jurisdiction of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Accepts the responsibility to promote, support, and comply with the Reliability Standards of SERC and NERC
- Accepts the responsibility to assist SERC in its compliance with the Delegation Agreement between SERC and NERC
- Qualifies for one or more of the seven sectors defined in SERC’s Bylaws
Becoming a member of SERC
To apply for membership, complete the Membership Application
New SERC Member Information