The goal of the SERC Standards effort is to develop regional reliability standards as needed to comply with the NERC’s three-year work plan and FERC directives, and to meet any emergent reliability needs. Activities include:
- Facilitate the efforts of the SERC Standards Committee which oversees the processes for development and maintenance of SERC regional standards, regional criteria, and Standing Committee reference documents.
- Facilitate the efforts of SERC regional standards drafting team(s)
- Provide meaningful and useful (reliable) guidance / training to registered entities on reliability standards development status.
- Promote active engagement of SERC stakeholders in standards development and SERC participation and leadership in the NERC standards process.
- Based on lessons from system events and serious or frequent non-compliances, identify key technical focus areas for training or other activities to improve reliability performance among registered entities.