System Operators are invited to attend. Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs). In person attendance only; no WebEx option is available.
Time listed is Central
Tuesday/Wednesday, September 26-27, 2017 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 28, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- System Operators with responsibility for performing real-time, reliability-related tasks on the interconnected power system (Reliability Coordinator, Balancing Authority, Transmission Operator, and Generator Operator functions)
- System control center managers, supervisors, and staff
- Engineers, planners, managers, marketers, technicians or support staff who may benefit from power system operation training
NERC-approved Continuing Education (CE) Hours will be awarded for successful completion of this learning activity. No partial credit.
- Provide SERC System Operators with a forum for networking with operators from across the SERC Region and sharing best practices.
- Develop SERC System Operator knowledge and skills using relevant scenarios modeled on an operator training simulator.
- Provide SERC System Operators with effective training in normal and emergency operations, operator communication and collaboration and situational awareness.
- Assist SERC System Operators in maintaining their NERC Certification through the award of approved continuing education hours.
In person attendance only; no WebEx option is available. Seating is limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is $345.00; and registration through the SERC website is required. Registration fees are not refundable. A credit is offered to attend a future SERC event.
Registration Deadline: September 18, 2017
Embassy Suites Chattanooga-Hamilton Place
2321 Lifestyle Way
Chattanooga, TN 37421
The Embassy Suites Chattanooga-Hamilton Place has reserved guestrooms for participants of SERC 2017 System Operator Conferences, and are available at the reduced rate of $142 per night, which includes complimentary breakfast and complimentary Manager's reception. Please click the LINK to make your online reservations.
The SERC room block will be open until August 24, 2017 or until the room block is sold out; whichever comes first.
SHUTTLE & PARKING INFORMATION
The Embassy Suites Chattanooga-Hamilton Place does not have complimentary transportation to and from the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport. Please click the LINK for ground transportation options.
Self - parking at the Embassy Suites Chattanooga-Hamilton Place is complimentary.
Valet parking is not offered at the hotel.
Questions concerning registration and meeting content, and CEHs - Nancy DeLeon
Questions concerning hotel accommodations - Matt Bigg