System Operators are invited to attend. Participants who successfully complete the training will be awarded NERC-approved Continuing Education Hours (CEHs). In person attendance only; no WebEx option is available.
Time listed is Eastern
Tuesday/Wednesday, April 11-12, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 13, 2017, 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- System Operators with responsibility for performing real-time, reliability-related tasks on the interconnected power system (Reliability Coordinator, Balancing Authority, Transmission Operator, and Generator Operator functions)
- System control center managers, supervisors, and staff
- Engineers, planners, managers, marketers, technicians or support staff who may benefit from power system operation training
NERC-approved Continuing Education (CE) Hours will be awarded for successful completion of this learning activity. No partial credit.
- Provide SERC System Operators with a forum for networking with operators from across the SERC Region and sharing best practices.
- Develop SERC System Operator knowledge and skills using relevant scenarios modeled on an operator training simulator.
- Provide SERC System Operators with effective training in normal and emergency operations, operator communication and collaboration and situational awareness.
- Assist SERC System Operators in maintaining their NERC Certification through the award of approved continuing education hours.
In person attendance only; no WebEx option is available. Seating is limited, and registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration is $345.00; and registration through the SERC website is required. Registration fees are not refundable. A credit is offered to attend a future SERC event.
Registration Deadline: April 3, 2017
Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
670 Verdae Boulevard
Greenville, South Carolina 29607
The Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center has reserved guestrooms for participants of SERC 2017 System Operator Conference, and are available at the reduced rate of $154 per night, which includes complimentary breakfast and complimentary Manager's reception. Please click the LINK to make your online reservations. The SERC room block will be open until Friday, March 10, 2017 or until the block is sold out, whichever comes first.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION / PARKING
The Embassy Suites Greenville offers complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the Greenville Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Please meet the driver at the baggage claim area or feel free to call the Embassy Suites Greenville at (864) 676-9090 to schedule a pickup. For guests that may need additional transportation, please click the LINK for Greenville Spartanburg Airport ground transportation information.
Self-parking at Embassy Suites Greenville is complimentary. Valet parking is not available.
Questions concerning registration and meeting content - Nancy DeLeon
Questions concerning hotel accommodations - Matt Bigg