SERC's mission is to promote and improve the reliability of the Bulk Power System in its Region.
SERC will continue to be a leader in fostering a culture of reliability excellence among its stakeholders through integrated risk management.
SERC is committed to ensuring a quality standard of living through a reliable and secure electric system. Our ongoing analysis and assessment of the Bulk Power System assures dependable delivery of the energy needs throughout the 16 states of the Region. SERC oversees the implementation and enforcement of Reliability Standards among the BPS users, owners, and operators. Together we’ll work to keep the lights on.
SERC's mission is driven by the following principles:
- Accountability: Ensure the Bulk Power System is reliable, adequate, and secure.
- Integrity: Balance the interests of stakeholders through ethical, impartial decision making.
- Service: Provide education and training, and facilitate communication among users, owners, and operators of the Bulk Power System.
- Leadership: Promote reliability excellence across the Region and North America.
- Transparency: Develop and administer Reliability Standards openly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Innovation: Promote continuous improvement by applying advanced business practices and processes.
- Resilience: Maintain expertise to adapt to the dynamic nature of the Bulk Power System.